- This event has passed.
Free Medicare Benefits Workshop
Thursday, October 22 @ 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm| Free
Please join us for a free Medicare Benefits Workshop. This event is sponsored by the Jamaica Plain Forum and JP@Home, a new aging-in-place initiative of Ethos. JP@Home helps Jamaica Plain residents remain in their own homes as they age and stay connected to their friends and neighbors.
The workshop is being presented by the SHINE Program (Serving the Health Insurance Needs of Everyone) and is tailored for older adults and those who advocate or provide care for seniors or disabled persons.
Attendees will receive an overview Medicare as well as answers to common questions such as:
• What does Medicare Pay for?
• What is “Medigap” insurance?
• Which Medigap policy is best for me? When can I buy a Medigap policy?
• Where can I get help paying for my prescription drugs?
• What is “Medicare + Choice” or a “Medicare Health Plan”?
• How do I appeal a denial of service under Medicare or a Medicare HMO?
• What do “balance billing” and “accepting assignment” mean?
• Is an HMO better for me?
• If I join a Medicare HMO, will I have to change physicians?
• Does Medicare or Medigap insurance pay for nursing home or home health care?
• When can I sign up for Medicare Part B?
• Can I get help paying for the monthly premium?
• Where can I find a SHINE counselor?
This event is open to the public and there is no cost to attend; however attendees must register in advance. Click the button below to register.
Please visit www.ethocare.org or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
RSVP on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/events/1523398691284612/