Please click here to make a donation to the Jamaica Plain Forum!
Dear Friends and Neighbors,
As pervasive systems of injustice increasingly attempt to separate us from each other, the Jamaica Plain Forum stands out as a beacon of hope, lifting up voices of strength, wisdom, courage, and change. This year, the Jamaica Plain Forum brought together more than 2,500 people to discuss and grapple with dynamic issues shaping our neighborhood and our planet—providing opportunities for the essential experience of non-separation.
Help us keep the Jamaica Plain Forum vibrant as a center of community conversations. Please contribute today to our programming.
We were thrilled to celebrate our 10th anniversary with Winona LaDuke. If you missed it, you can see a highlight HERE.
In 2017, we hosted 14 events drawing out over 1800 participants. Some of the highlights included:
- YES! Magazine co-founder Sarah van Gelder talking about her new book, The Revolution Where You Live.
- UK new economy thinker Kate Raworth talking about her book, Donut Economics.
- JP’s own Tom Shapiro with the local book launch of Toxic Inequality.
- Several panel discussions with local leaders and elected officials talking about “Getting Boston’s Buildings to Net Zero” and “Retrofitting Our Homes.”
- Arizona journalist Todd Miller talked about migration, climate change and homeland security.
- DACA “Dreamer” Katherine Asunscion joined Charlie Derber to talk about the new book, Welcome to the Revolution: Universalizing Resistance
You can see these talks on our YouTube channel.
Please make a gift today so we can bring you more exciting programs in 2018.
Wishing you a joyous day!
Director of the Forum
P.S. Check out our upcoming events, Judith Schwartz: Solutions in Plain Sight ~ Climate & Beyond on January 11th and The State of Our Union Is Wrong with Bill McKibben on January 17th.
Our funds come from individuals like you. Your donation to us, no matter the size, is an investment in the power of community.
Please consider a generous gift this year. You can donate on-line, or write a check payable to the Institute for Policy Studies. (Be sure to put “Jamaica Plain Forum” in the memo line, and mail to Institute for Policy Studies, 30 Germania Street, Building L, Jamaica Plain, MA 02130.)