Applications are due May 1, 2015. Applications will be processed on a rolling basis. Interns receive a MBTA T Pass and a small stipend.
10-20 hours per week
The Jamaica Plain Forum (a project of IPS) and the Jamaica Plain New Economy Transition are seeking interns to help with communications, marketing, publicity, and event coordination for our vibrant neighborhood engagements. This is a great opportunity for someone looking for real-world marketing, communications and community organizing experience for a great cause. Come work in one of the foremost progressive non-profits in the US.
See jptransition.org for more info on the JP New Economy Transition
- Support staff to promote and publicize Summer 2015 event, films and workshop series for the JP community.
- Design and create outreach materials—flyers, email blast, etc for office events.
- Create and curate content on social media platforms to strengthen our online presence.
- Support staff with event logistics (occasional evening hours)-2x month from (5pm-9pm).
- Assist with administrative tasks including database entry, invoice and payment tracking and fundraising support.
- Support staff in managing volunteers for events.
- Ability to work on a team of progressive thought leaders and change-makers
- Passionate commitment to progressive issues, especially inequality, climate change, and the transition to a just, sustainable, humane economy
- Basic graphic design experience
- Strong background in writing
- At least 2+ years of post-secondary education or equivalent experience
- Ability to work some evening hours (5-9pm, 2-4 nights per month)
- Ability to work on Tuesdays a plus
- Spanish language skills a plus
To apply for the Marketing, Communications and Outreach Internship please email a resume and cover letter to Tracy Bindel at firstname.lastname@example.org with the name of the internship in the subject line. Additionally, if you have them, please submit one or two examples of marketing/publicity materials you have created or worked on. PDF strongly preferred